Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nate has had this loose tooth for a while and the teeth around it had even moved so much it looked like he already lost one! So yesterday after school he comes home and tells me about his day and then starts wiggling it. I ask to wiggle it. Then I ask if I can tie a string around it. Since he didn't protest that much I ask Fia to get the dental floss. I couldnt' believe he actually let me get it around his tooth! I yanked very gently and nothing happened. Then he started yanking and I yanked a little more aggressively....a gently tug....and it came out!! I was hoping he would let me tie the other end to the door and let us slam the door(always wanted to see that happen) but this was just as cool;) He was excited to have it out!



He sure looks cute with his toothless smile too! This pictures was taken under the assumption that I wouldn't show it to anyone:) That is why he isn't smiling cute but just showing me the hole in his mouth! I want to get another pic of him just smiling because it is very adorable!
Well this morning he wakes us up at 455am upset because the tooth fairy didn't come! OOOPS! So I tell him that she was probably very busy and hadn't made it there yet. Then I get up to get ready for seminary and quickly found some money and wrote a note to Nate. The tooth fairy had extra teeth to collect and that is why she was late....so she gave him and extra dollar to make up for it. I really wanted him to go back to sleep but knew he wouldn't be able to....so I called him in after I finished and said, "it looks like she has been here Nate!". He excitedly came in and we read the note. That woke Sophia up and she wanted to see what he got and what color the tooth fairy was:) So my kids will be cranky today!!
He was a little dissappointed that it was not a 5 dollar bill because his friend at school got 5 dollars for his tooth. I told him he must have a different tooth fairy!!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

how sweet! Fo got 6.00 from the tooth fairy for hiw first big tooth. Tooth fair couldn't see inthe dark and thought he was grabing two one dollar bills. What a suprise we had when Fo said the tooth fairy gave him $6! George's mouth dropped!

Granny's Blog said...

I got 25 cents form the tooth faerie when I was a child, so that's what you kids got! You had a poor faerie!