Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

I know it is Sunday but what better day for a Tuesday Tell All? I saw this idea while surfing from this blog and thought is was a great idea! This person also gave reference to Blurb.com
to get her blog printed? I know you can print off the pages from your printer but I would pay to have mine printed on glossy paper and bound into a book(like those cool digital photobooks)! I use to scrapbook all my memories but now I am just blogging them! And a great thing about the blog is if your computer dies your blog is still alive!:)

The topic for this week was "The Working Girl"-name the jobs you have had besides mom.

1. My first job was babysitter. I couldnt' wait until I was old enough(12 years old) to babysit and LOVED to spend my weekends with children. When a new family would move into our church i would introduce myself and offer to babysit! I often had summer jobs and loved every minute of it!
2. I worked one evening at Olan Mills as a telemarketer....HATED it!
3. When I was in college I made extra money as a substitute teacher. I loved it before we had kids but after I didn't enjoy it as much. After I got my degree I did mostly long-terms sub positions. My first was in music. Then I had one in 2nd grade and then one in 3rd grade. I wasn't able to finish out the last one because we got the call about Sophia that changed our lives forever!! I never wanted to take a permanent job because I knew I was going to stay home when we had children.
4. I was a private preschool teacher for a family at church for a few months. That was really cool because Nate and I would go to their house 3 days a week, have school and then the boys would play. I wished I could do that job forever!
5. I always wanted to have my own preschool and when Nate started school I thought it was the perfect time to try it out! So in spring of '07 I started the process so I could be ready to open in August of that same year. This is what I am currently doing and i love it! I am very lucky that I am able to pursue this dream. I don't make much money and what I make I spend on the school but I look forward to my day with the children and that is payment enough! Do what you love, and Love what you do!!

This week's topic is "Made By Hand". Write about something that was/is homemade(quilt from grandma, child's artwork, a craft., etc). This will take some thinking!

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I enjoyed that blog. Is it true you can have you blog printed? That would be nice wouldn't it. I wonder if God considers blogging a form of journaling? I always disliked writing in a journal-how boring and what a boring life I lead. I love typing, even when my fingers get to going too fast for my brain to catch up!

The Walker Family said...

I love your last couple of blogs. I am used to checking your first blog and then scrolling down to catch the other one or two you posted! How do you get so many pix in one blog? We need to visit the fair when it comes to town. F and S would love it! I have heard that one place deep fries twinkies. I have no desire to try this junk. Gross!

Natalie said...

If we happen to live close when the time comes, I'll send Little Boy to your preschool :) I hear you have great puppets!