Saturday, November 6, 2010

thankful #6

Today I am thankful for my legs and feet and knees that allowed me to run the Callaway Gardens Twillight 10k this afternoon with my friend Tabitha!
This race was unique since we were running through the Fantasy in Lights route. It wasn't dark yet but the lights were on and they were playing the Christmas music...so it was just like when you ride the trolley through the lights. Another plus was the time. It started at 4pm....usually races are in the morning so this was so nice!
We really didn't prepare for this race that well. We weren't there to break any personal records....just have fun and finish. And that we did!!!
So excited to have completed the whole 6.1 miles in 64 minutes!!! I was thinking maybe 75??
I am also thankful that my family came out to cheer us on and take these great pictures!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so awesome! I've started running and it is totally not easy! I am proud and impressed and I love the pictures.

Granny's Blog said...

The pictures showed the joy you both felt! I wish I could turn the clock back to my youth and have such wholesome things to do!

the Villamor's said...

that made you sound like a hooligan Granny! ha.

Chris said...

Way to go Mary Kate!