Monday, November 15, 2010

thankful#15

I am thankful that I love to exercise. I can't think of a time period when I didn't exercise...in my 20's i got caught in the diet/exercise nonsense most young adults fall into but luckily my 30's have been filled with a healthy relationship with exercise. we are best buddies. I don't see it as "i have to workout" but "i want to workout". I dropped the expectations.

I also love being an instructor. This year I became a Silver Sneakers Instructor. I love being with the 65 + crowd. I teach the MSROM(muscle strength and range of motion) class which is for all levels and then the CardioFit one which is the "Advanced" class. I have so much fun with them!

Last summer I took the training to teach Body Pump. I have always loved how strong I felt after lifting weights -and especially after taking a Pump class....so it was a perfect fit! I love helping the members(especially women) see how beneficial weight lifting can be ! And no women can't "bulk" up...so don't be afraid to go heavy!!

My first group fitness experience was with RPM (Raw Power in Motion). This was my favorite class because it got my heart-rate up and produced that adrenalin high that we all love!(wait...you don't' love it??) Like a friend told me this week "RPM is very hard but when you finish you have this great sense of accomplishment!"...and that is true.
I lam thankful that i get paid to exercise!!!

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Exercise is great and I'm glad you get to teach all your classes. It would be hard for you to stay at home and work around the house. It does give you a sense of accomplishment.