Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bad day....

I thought I was having a bad day!:)





So today was going great. We had a wonderful day at preschool creating insects and setting up an aquarium full of dirt for some earthworms and bugs! It was great.


Then a friend called and we talked about religion and she still thinks Mormons are a cult and one of the major deciding factors in her mind was because of the whole Warren Jeffs Pologamy scandal that is happening now in TX....which we have nothing to do with!!! We are still friends but it hurts when someone says something like that about something you believe so strongly in....

And who decided which religions are cults anyway??? Dictionary.com states a cult is a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.


That sounds like all religions to me! Anyway.....

I have noticed that I like to put dots....in my posts.....:)

Then the night got better because I went to play soccer with some friends....well I should say I ran around because I don't know the game....but it was fun. But as we were leaving Sophia started whining about ice cream and if you start whining about anything with Mom you definately don't get it!! This turned into a 3 year old screaming/crying fit that lasted 30 minutes...not kidding. I was preoccupied with my earlier conversation with my friend so it was easy to just tune her out! When we got home, she ate her dinner(amidst tears) , I took a shower and said a prayer to know how to help her calm down. She has these "moments" when she is really tired(which she is) or when something bad happened at school. So I asked her about school and it turns out she fell off the monkey bars and everyone laughed at her. She has no one to play with during recess because all the girls want to do is chase the boys and she doesn't want to do that. Plus her friend from the bus doesn't ride anymore so she doesn't enjoy the bus either. On one hand she needs to learn that she can just be with "herself" and doesn't always have to have someone around....but for a social butterfly like Sophia this is a hard lesson to learn! Poor thing. I felt sorry for her but at the same time I just told her this happens sometimes and she will find a friend.....like my mother would always say

"Life is Hard....and then you die!"



I sure love my Sophia even with her quarterly fits!!

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Did your mother really say that??

The Walker Family said...

I would say "Life is a B*&^%, then you die!"

Laine said...

I love reading your thoughts!