Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Six Flags

After enjoying themselves at the Fair, Richard and the kids really wanted to go to Six Flags....so we decided to go during their Spring Break. Monday morning we left early enough to get there right when it opened!

The hardest part when you walk into the park is deciding which to ride first! We headed towards the right and got on the first coaster we came to....the Cyclone! This is the roughest coaster in the whole park. I remember riding it 8 or 9 years ago with the youth. I believe that was the last roller coaster I got on. I just remember how it shook us all over the place and how I just gritted my teeth hoping it would end soon! Sophia was brave enough to ride alone. Nate seems a little hesitant about the ride but this was just a warm-up for him! He kept riding the rest of the day and Sophia decided to hang out with me....she said she didn't like the way the coasters made her tummy jump! We did ride a couple "family" coasters-the Mine one and there was another one I can't remember the name for. They were rated "mild" and I could handle them. No big drops but enough twists and turns that I didn't want to do it again!


Here we are riding on a kiddie swing. We only did this one and then left the kid area....not enough excitement for Richard and Nate!

Sweet Fia! She was my riding partner:)

This is the Cyclone and I think you can see Richard waving at me....

Group shot outside the swings.

Disney has the disney characters and 6 Flags has Looney Toons and the super heroes. Here are Batman and Robin....not sure why my camera didn't turn the picture around....it usually does.

The cool batmobile! With a nice coating of pollen!


When we went to the fair in town Fia was so sad that we wouldn't let her play the dumb, money-sucking games to win one of those ugly stuffed animals! I told her the next time we go to the fair she could use her allowance and play those games if she wanted. She was very excited to see the same type of games here at Six Flags. The only difference was it cost $3-5 to play them! She was DETERMINED to win a LARGE stuffed animal and decided she could do this game. You had to climb up the rope ladder and ring the bell without falling on the mat. Impossible....if you ask me....especially for a 8 year old! Well that cost $3. Then she did one of those claw games for $2. nothing..... but tears from Fia. She was so set on being a "winner" and get one of those large toys! I kept telling her that she is a winner to me! She finally realized what a rip-off these games were and let go of the dream to win something!


We were waiting for Nate and Dad to get off a ride. The lines were not long....I think the max wait was probably 25 minutes. Around 6pm my feet were screaming at me and Fia was tired--but Richard and Nate were wanting to make the most of the last 2 hours at the park. So Fia and I hiked back to the car and rested until they returned. They were able to ride the mindbender 5 times in a row!! Richard said the last time on the mindbender Nate just had his arms folded....like "this is nothing!"
It was a fun day!










3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

That was a good post! I felt like I had been to 6 Flags but I didn't have butterflies in my tummy and my feet didn't hurt! It's good for you to go on trips with the kids. You know we only went to Nannie's in Florida. I guess it was fun for you kids, and I enjoyed Blue Springs and the beach, but we always stayed to long. Poor Nannie. She never seemed to get tired of us. And it was good for you kids to get to know your grandmother.

The Walker Family said...

you must go back with us this summer!

Laine said...

MK, I love your smile.