Monday, April 28, 2008

My Grandmother's poem



I did find my Grandmother's poem book so I thought I would post her entry. The book was a collection of work from University of Alabama English students published in 1926. My grandmother(pictured above) did major in English...but I did not! hardy har har. She evidently loved poetry because I have a lot of her old books and most were poetry.


Compensation


Perhaps to have had no vision

Is better than one blurred

By all the dilillusionments

That have occurred.


But although my dreams are shadows

My fire but a spark

I have remembered daylight

And do not fear the dark


Ruth Palmer


1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

That was such a sweet post. Your grandmother would have been shocked to see her poem in a computer! (and proud too, I suspect!).