Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tuesday Tell All.....

I dont' think I will ever get a Tuesday Tell All actually done on a Tuesday or on time.....as this one was for the week if April 1st!! Oh well.....



This topic was "Made By Hand". So here are some items in my house that were handmade that I think are pretty cool....



I went through my scrapbooks(which I should have taken a picture of because they are handmade) and took pictures of the drawings the kids have done for me.

We had a family bed until the kids were about 3 & 5 and it was a little hard on Sophia to move into her bed. One day i find this picture taped to my door. It is a picture of her and me sleeping together....it was like she was reminiscing of "the good ole' days"!

Nate drew this picture at church. I love these first drawings where legs come out of heads!














Fia drew this one....apparantly we are the royal family with our crowns!










Some more of Fia's artwork.


My Dad's mom Enid(who Sophia is named after) a.k.a "Nannie" and her mother a.k.a "Nana Henry" or "Nana 2 rooms" (because she had two rooms....one to sew in and the other to sleep in)....always made us quilts and puppets and mittens for Christmas and our birthdays. I also remember Nana Henry making a pillow with a ruffle around it one time. My favorite quilt is at my mother's house but it was one where each square had extra batting inside so it was "puffy".

This picture is of the quilt Nana Henry made for my parents when they got married. It isn't squares but different sized scraps of fabric...my mom called it a "Crazy Quilt". (The quilt is draped on the chest of drawers my mother's mother took to the University of Alabama. On the back of the dresser is 3 triangles because she was in the Delta Delta Delta sorority. I should have pulled the quilt off and gotten a better picture of it but that would have disrupted the dust bunnies living around the dresser and I dont' want to make them mad! )
This really isn't "handmade" but in a way it is....this is my business license for my preschool.
I put a lot of effort into this and love it!

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I thought you had the puffy quilt at your house...I thought you were going to "re-puff" it. It was really pretty until I washed it! I didn't know it was going to fall apart when it was washed. I guess the kind of material that Nana Henry used was not the washable kind. I know about those dust bunnies. You were right not to disturb them!

The Walker Family said...

I wonder what all I haVe in my house that was made by hand? All I see is "made in China"!