Saturday, April 12, 2008

weekend....

So here is what we did this weekend.....



Friday I ate lunch with the kids. They have lunch at the same time which makes it easy for me to sit with both of them! I hope next year we get this lucky!!



Then I finally got sick and tired of riding around in my nasty vehicles. Vacuuming just wasn't cutting it with all the dirt and grime! I had the van detailed a couple years ago(well worth the money!) but I didn't want to fork over that moula again so I decided to rent a rug doctor and detail it myself!


It really is so easy and I looked way better than this lady when i was cleaning my car:) ha! The weather was perfect for cleaning the car! I pulled out the seats and even got all the gunk off the seat tracks.....it was nasty! It was amazing how dirty the water was each time I emptied the tank! Then I came inside and cleaned the carpets in our bedrooms. So for $40 I detailed the car and cleaned all the carpet! Not bad I thought!

Friday evening I attended a bridal shower while the kids and their friends Wesley and Patrick(who live on our street) watched "Water Horse". Sophia, Nate and I saw this movie in the theater over the Christmas break and they enjoyed watching it over....but what kid doesn't like to watch a movie multiple times??? It is a good family movie!

Saturday-

I am going to be team-teach my first RPM class on Tuesday evening and so I headed off to the gym to practice and then we went to the church for a baptism.

The baptism was at 1030am and I thought for sure we would have no problem getting to Nate's baseball pictures at 1230.....well we didn't leave the church until 1145 and in spite of our best efforts we missed the pictures. I was feeling bad for Nate because we(his parents) have not been that great at getting him to practices or games on time this season! I don't know what is wrong with us! I guess it is spring fever! If they were giving out grades to the kids for their efforts this baseball season, Nate would get an A+++. What would we get??

Yep! An F! An F - !

After the picture-missing-fiasco we came home and just enjoyed the afternoon. The missionaries came to our house for lunch after the baptism so we visited with them for a while. Also one is a computer whiz and was able to erase our old harddrive and save the computer I was about to donate to Goodwill! So Richard set it up in Sophia's room and we headed out to Staples to get a wireless card so that computer can connect to the internet. It will be SO nice to have another computer hooked to the internet.


So while we were out we got another movie. This time we rented "August Rush" which I had never heard of but is was really good.


Sunday....


We went to church and then took naps! I love Sunday naps!


It was a nice relaxing weekend. I am looking forward to the summer where we can have these days during the week instead of reserving them for the weekend!

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

That cat nap must have really been great! I had a nap today, too. Then our home teachers came by and we had a nice visit. Gert fell on the floor as I was taking him back to his cage after a shower (we took a shower together)Sat. and he must have hurt his foot or leg. I didn't notice it until tonight (Sun.) I'll have to take him to the Dr. tomorrow.

The Walker Family said...

sounds lick an action-packed weekend and before you know it Friday will be here again!