Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dearly beloved....

Saturday night Richard decided to get rid of the big fish tank that has been in our fireplace for years. He was just tired of fooling with it. He bought the kids a small fish bowl and they now have their very own fish.....well minus one. Nate's favorite fish "Spongebob" aka "Spongie" died Sunday morning. He looked sick when they transferred him to the little bowl but then looked as though he was going to be alright.....but then Sunday morning when Nate went to check on his fish he was dead. Poor Nate started crying. It was so sad.

Nate put Spongie on this napkin and looked at him for a while, asked everyone else to look at him, asked if we wanted to hold him. I guess it was hard to say good-bye??





Mom: Where do you want to bury Spongie, Nate?

Nate: In the "club hole".
(i thought they buried him in this hole but it was too big so they went to the backyard and laid Spongie to rest next to Goldie(Sophia's goldfish that died last year).



Saying good-bye...


Well darn-it....I just deleted the picture of the fish inside the hole.....oh well....I sure you know what it would look like:)

5 comments:

The Walker Family said...

poor Nate! I bet he would have liked to put the fish in the freezer instead of the ground! You do not love your animals like we do! Wait till I tell Nate what you could have done with Spongie.

Natalie said...

My condolances to Nate...but how does a fish "look sick"??

the Villamor's said...

He swims very slow and has "spots". Reminds me of one of my favorite Spongebob episodes where he gets the "suds". Too funny!

Granny's Blog said...

Sorry Nate. Life is short for some creatures. You can be sure Spongie is swimming happily wherever animals and fish go when they go to Heaven. Maybe you'll get to meet him once again some day. I love you Buddy Nate.

Laine said...

Mk, this breaks my heart. Nate looks so sad in these photos. When our fish died my kids didn't seem to care at all...and I cried and we had a "funeral" for them. I feel his pain. I'm sorry spongie died, but you'll see him again! :)